Saturday, April 24, 2010

A mother's tale...

I needed to get back to my blog, its like a part of me is always thinking of what I can write and how can I pen my imganiation or the reality around me to writing. After in numerous failed attempts and unlimited blog posts still in draft with high sounding titles right from the vampires in twilight ( btw I am Twihard.. and in lost in the worls of Edward Cullen) to our little field trips to the beach. I sit here on my barstool with a laptop on the counter top to actually finish a blog and publish it. You may have to forgive me if you find poor quality of writing or lots of typos today, because time is my enemy need to pen down everything that happened in the past one year in I say about 30 mins before my kid wakes and my husband is done with the so called yard work ( now that is a totally different conversation LOL).

Time is quickly running past me; my daugther who was little baby same time last year is now running around , dancing and demanding us to play her fav song "Shawty's like a melody" in other words she is turning out to be a handful. I don't want to sound cliched by saying a single smile of hers makes my day, which is actually very true. But it is also true that you are kind of lost in this new world, everything normal around you evolves to a totally new concept. You are not cool anymore (may it's cos I am pushing 30) , or may be cos you need to paln your scedule around your kids nap times( which getting to do in certain cases is an or deal in itself) , or to need to stay in doors for new years and spend time with your family. Friday is no more the evil night.. its when you actually get few minutes to chat with your husband and wait in the hope that baby monitor remains noise free for the remainder of the night. You no longer are cool because a trip to down to your local Costco ends being talked as a fun trip and you need tp do that more often together.

My tone in the above lines might suggest sarcasam or frustion or just simple humor. But any mother my age will feel what I feel everyday, its absolute bliss to spend time with your kids and watch them laugh or play or just taking them out for a walk. Or be the first one that shows them how wonderful the world is or how dangerous things can be. Be the first one to hold thier hands and make them walk towards the success and happiness. Treat every joy and every pain of thiers as if its more than your very own. Love them and care for them give them the life you always wanted and make sure every wish of thiers is granted , make sure they succeed in everything the do. But that is the mother in me...there is more to any woman than being a mother, you need all that for ourself. Career, success, life, friends, fun list goes on..the challenge right now is to find the balance between the two..

No comments: